Friday, July 30, 2021

Sprayed goats heads this morning

I need to spray again.  I know I have some in the smaller horse pens I mowed a couple days ago and I want to spray some for my wonderful neighbors, I'm sure they have more coming after I last sprayed any over there.   I also should text riding buddies.  Its been so hot, and I haven't wanted to push back yard work to ride in the limited time period when I can bear to do stuff outside so I haven't ridden in almost 3 weeks.  Plus it was stacking hay and then having sis and B here the last 2 weekends.  I could have taken a quick ride at home if I'd felt more ambitious but I didn't want to be rude and go off on a haul out ride for several hours while they were here.  

Well I guess I don't want to spray more weeds today.   I don't know if we will get anything.  "moist Upslope winds may generate heavy rains in the foothills this afternoon"   But we might get a weak rain.  Weeds sprayed this am will hopefully have absorbed enough 2-4-D to die regardless.  I forced myself to go spray this morning because I didn't want to get horribly behind if we had a few days of monsoon rains. 

It is so dry here that a nice slow rain, or even the gully washer predicted for the foothills would be OK, but it seems more likely that this will just make it iffy to haul up to cooler places to ride this weekend.  I may have to suck it up and call it heat training.

No comments: