Monday, August 23, 2021

crap, doc thinks my 3rd metatarsal is broken

 She was very prompt getting the x-ray read.  I had at least halfway convinced myself that I just had some bruising of ligaments or something and was going to need to switch gears from being overly protective trying to avoid jostling broken bone ends to stretching and stuff.  Nope, 4+ weeks of surgical shoe.  I need to see if HMO has the shoe or should I order one off of Amazon,  having the full walking cast is a PITA and should not be needed for injury only of the foot bone.   No riding trip with sis unless we can get one in at the end of September.    The only 'good' thing is it is a handy excuse to skip riding with the judgmental crowd 2nd weekend of September.  Not sure I was really even invited, but they were not avoiding talking about it in my presence so perhaps I was.   

Dang I am depressed about this, and I suppose also the rapid decline of the country.   Normalcy bias I guess.  I keep thinking I've come to grips with the fact that the evil corruptocrats won; then feeling gut punched when some new bad thing happens.  

No comments: