Saturday, August 7, 2021

YAY, the goats heads are thinner this year.

 Sunday when I rode the local ditch roads the oil field folks had sprayed the goats heads on the road.  Well they are known as puncture vine in the south,  maybe some of their equipment is vulnerable.  But the super cool thing was that the oil folks must have had someone with a wand doing the spraying.   They had left non burr weeds alone and only sprayed the goats heads.  

And the nasty things are thinner at home,  I have to tromp around quite a while to go through a couple gallons of spray.   They are also thinner at the neighbors.  This is only my 3rd year of spraying seriously there, so its awesome to have made such a dent.  It did take 12+ gallons the first year I sprayed while they were in Indiana at her mom's funeral, and quite a few last year.  Now I've sprayed there maybe 3-4 times with spray left after spraying at home.    It is nice to get the payback of much fewer burrs as reward for diligence in spraying them.  

Of course human nature, moving goalposts.   Now that I am not overwhelmed with the goats heads, I notice how raggedy the yard looks when I let it go too long before mowing, and all the dead trees and branches I haven't cut up and burned yet, plus all the little branches that keep coming at the bottom of the russian olives and elm trees and fencing that I have not gotten around to fixing up yet.   

No comments: