Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Scratching my head,. trying to remember Tanza "spinning into another horse" on SD trip

 He had some short bus moments but B was telling me he is dangerous and was spinning into other horses.  I just don't remember him doing that.  *I* may have turned him in a circle at a couple of spots where I needed him to wait until the horse in front was clear instead of rushing right on their butt.   I do need to work on just standing quietly.  Possibly he did move his hind end around and bump someone on a group stop and discuss what way do we go time and it was so minor I just don't even remember it, but it is rude behavior and I need to make him be better about that.   But I think I may have to pull back on riding much with her and this group if I'm going to feel judged instead of just having fun.  If I'm going to be judged I may as well go back to going to a bunch of AERC rides and accumulate lifetime mileage records as well. 

I wanted to try to connect with some other folks and ride with different people anyway to broaden my riding scope.   It's not the best growth setup to always ride with the same few people. 

Also kind of felt like they were only inviting me on a few rides to secure a ride and camper for B for this trip this summer and I sure don't like feeling used and like "oh we want B to be able to join us for sure, if we invite W4Hs as well, B won't have to worry about her p/u not making it or the cost of fuel"  But that surely is the case.  They would not have invited just me if B had plans for that date.  But in fairness I also would probably have declined anyway because I don't enjoy riding with C like I do with just M and J.  C is too intense for me, even on a trip like this where not trying to win a ride the intensity comes out in the ways like the horses should just trot slower but still trot through the rocky sections because rider comfort keeping a steady pace.  I guess I should have had more empathy for riders with hip and back issues but my default is "practicing gait changes is good for you, keep the horses safer by slowing through the nasty rocky bits"  B was supposed to be the buffer to keep things fun even with C's alpha personality but it didn't quite work out this trip. 

No comments: