Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Whinge of the day

I mixed up about 20 gallons of weed spray and had gates open ready to use the lawnmower pulling tank sprayer with WAND attachment so I could still spot spray and the non burr weeds would just have to live or die from being run over.   I hook up the battery and the boom is spraying.   Switch that off and the knob for the wand hose on and zip zilch nada nothing.   I am so tired of asking people to do something and they don't do what I asked.   I specifically told dad I wanted him to make sure that wand worked but of course he always just guesses and nods instead of asking me to repeat when he doesn't hear what I say.  Oh I will feel dumb if the battery just didn't have enough juice to work the wand since I didn't even fire up the mower when I was getting no spray but could hear the pump running.

And I made appointment for Shade to be euthanized today.  I have and will shed lots and lots of tears over that; but I must cowboy up.  I don't know how I would bear it if I kept putting it off and she had the catastrophic leg breakdown happen and could not get up after falling.

I'm still halfway tempted to see if someone wants to ride Tanzaknight at LaVeta.  I should email the doc and ask what is broken and so on.  I don't know if I can ride in the cam boot.  It specifically prevents ankle flexing.  Not sure I could post a trot w/o plopping on horses' back if I can't use the ankle shock absorber.    Well I can't be too whiny; T who puts on that ride had to miss Tevis 2 years ago because she was on crutches from some knee injury.   Last year she won it, life happens; you take care of business and an opportunity for fun comes back around.  

No comments: