Friday, June 15, 2018

I still do feel like Garth Brooks "the Dance" but

my heart is heavy lately.   I'm going to miss my steel magnolia so very much.  I asked about maple vs locust for trees that might work in a horse pen after getting established and got a comment that maple can be toxic to horses.   Rats.   But I'm thinking I don't know about planting a tree right in the smaller horse pen anyway because it could crowd the area.

And I think my cat Boots is getting old cat issues.  He has always been a bit fussy about not wanting to eat the last of a bag of food, but recently he seems to sour on any given food after just a few times eating it.  He is not getting super skinny yet but I have had him for 8 years and he was an adult cat when I got him.

I always say through my tears when I lose a pet that as much as it hurts I still feel like "the dance:  I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance"  and in spite of the grief I feel keenly when one of my wonderful animals crosses the rainbow bridge I still love the dancing, they all add so much to my life.

No comments: