Monday, June 18, 2018

Had to have Dr Mike come today to euthanize Shade

My big fear of her being on the ground and panicked trying to get up was not realized thank GOD.  But after coming up for early morning hay when I went out to feed grain she was tottery on her feet and couldn't figure out how to walk, I believe she injured her other front leg.  I had to cut the string and move her feeder from the fence to where she was and then come in the house, dry my tears and call the vets office to say that I needed to have her PTS today.  

Neighbor and his friend with backhoe dug her grave on the very short (16 days earlier than planned) notice and would not take any money from dad.  So that was very kind of them but I feel like I need to arrange thank you gifts.  Meh I am not going to shop,  thank you cash in a card will have to do.  

I found a photo album that I had put many pics of Shade in so I can scan those in.  I want to make a slide show set to the Rod Stewart song "forever young" in her memory.    I had a headache this morning from rain last night maybe and of course breaking into tears multiple times has made it worse.

No comments: