Monday, June 25, 2018

I have to whinge about this somewhere

I had Shade buried on our property.  I wish we had known this was an option for earlier horses but water under the bridge.   Dad knew that our neighbor's friend has a bobcat with excavator attachment and they buried another neighbors horse for them and had made arrangements for him to come over on the scheduled euthanizing day.    So last week Shade injured herself and we had to move up the date from planned and they came over that same day.  So  nice of them.

So why am I whinging.   Because they left before I could thank them in person and pay them.  Dad offered to pay as they were loading up and they said "no need".   Well B.S. we don't even know the bobcat owner and won't be in a position to do some neighborly return favor for him.  So I had to have dad get his address so I could send him a thank-you card with some cash enclosed.   I'm not happy about sending cash via mail and I just generally resented having to go to the extra effort to get the address, find a card, write the note yada yada.    

Please people.  If you do something for someone that involved hours of your valuable time and especially if you used your equipment for them LET THEM give you an in person thank-you and some cash on the spot.  Don't make people go an extra mile to do the right thing.  Sometimes they will be so annoyed, distracted, depressed, whatever that they will not or can not get something to you via snail mail. 

No comments: