Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Wearing a camboot, aka as Frankenboot is a PITA

Swelling in my leg was not going away so I got it x-rayed on Monday.   Doc thinks there is a 'subtle' fracture and put me in a cam boot this morning.   I am getting used to it.  Mainly I am still processing that I will not be able to ride at La Veta in 11 days.  Part of me is scheming 'could I have J ride Tanza and ride his gelding that can only do LDs that he is wanting to rehome?'.     Probably not even that in only 11 days, plus with the limitations on activity I will need that weekend to get the burrs sprayed at home.    

And my SiL wants money for Bro to go to a martial arts camp as his group wants to make him a 6th degree black belt.  She did not tell me how much they needed so I will have to ask.  I guess I can give them more now and then rebuild my rainy day fund and catch up on charitable giving since she said they got a grant to cover her remaining chemo and her cancer is in remission.   I thought it was already in remission and last few months of chemo have been making sure its good and gone already but whatever.  

I have 95% decided that I need to have Shade euthanized in a month.  I have to call the vet and see if he can expand the visit from scheduled health cert for Tanza and have dad call the 811 # to mark where we can't dig.  I'm still struggling with this but looking at the goofy bend in her leg a few days ago when I asked her to go into her normal pen I got that gut tingle that I need to let her go before the leg completely fails and its an emergency euthanasia case.  

No comments: