Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rode Sadie today, not sure her popped splint is fully healed.

Just walked most of 3 miles and she volunteered to trot some up the hill.  She was possibly a bit off after that wee bit of extra exertion.  I'm not positive, decided not to ask her to trot anymore to get a definite yes/no.  I'll have to ride her slowly again this weekend and see what happens.  She may end up getting another 5 weeks or so completely off or if she seems ok with very light work I will keep the pace and distance way down and not try to do any LD rides on her until next year.   Hopefully Tanza continues sound.  I am so glad I bought him last year.  

If Sadie can't be sound for even a few LDs a year I probably should try to find her a home where she just has to look pretty.   Hopefully it won't come to that.  Maybe (big maybe) I could get the horse collector I vaguely know to do a feed lease exchange with one of the underused horses she has for a year or 2 and see if Sadie grows out of it and get to ride more in meantime.  She would have to at least think she'd want to ride or sell in future and want to get the experience on her horse while being willing to just pet and look at Sadie since Sadie can be a little punk sometimes under saddle.

No comments: