Monday, August 10, 2015

I did enjoy riding the MaahDaahHey trail

Forgot to write that with my whinging. 

slide show of trail ride pics 

 It was a rough start for me as my saddle which has never bothered me before is apparently a bit too wide in the seat (which is my fault,  I took the widest of my measurements of seat bones back when I ordered it because I had it in my head that a too narrow saddle would be uncomfortable.   Well just WALKING SLOWLY for 11 hours in jeans rather than tights with the seat a bit wide ends up rubbing the very tops on ones inner thighs raw.     After I got my riding tights and my wonderful sis got my fleece cover it was more comfortable.

Yes the walking slowly is another whine.   The first day was almost 30 miles and except when I was getting Tanza to lead it was a stupidly slow walk because dad is too lazy to make his horse walk out when he is in the lead. Tanza would be skeered of something and hesitate and if dad took the lead I'd end up passing him after half a mile or so because the slow slow walk would chafe worse than a normal walk.   Sis makes her horse walk out a bit in the lead but her mare is also still a bit green and wasn't real fit so mare was burned out on leading too and did not have a really good walk either.   

It is so much easier to ride endurance style (completion only especially) and be using all three gaits as the terrain permits.  

No comments: