Friday, November 21, 2014

YeeHaa --Two sunny morning rides in a row.

I rode Sadie both days.  Rationalized that Tanza just had his feet trimmed on Wed plus a couple of the bald spots on his face from hives that broke open are still not completely healed.   Poor itchy gelding.   I just called Dr Mike after waffling and forgetting for days to get him allergy tested.  

I still may not know all triggers, but if I can at least eliminate some possibles it'll be much easier to narrow things down if/when he gets hives again and I might get a definitive 'he needs lots of protection from skeeter bites but no citronella ..... in the spray' or no alfalfa in his diet or something.

With a bit of luck I'll ride Tanza tomorrow.   I may just ride him in a paddock rather than trying to round up a buddy since it may get windy in the afternoon and dad can get moving in the morning but I think only with advance planning like going to shoot or something.  Or maybe I'll try taking Tanza solo down the road if things feel good but if I get on him it doesn't really matter if its only flat work in the paddock.

I need to catch up on laundry,  I didn't run any last weekend because it was cold and I didn't want to end up with ice in Grey and Shades pen where our grey water runs out and I've been too lazy in the mornings all week although I could have done so if I was out of clean clothes.

Sunday its supposed to be cold and windy so perhaps I'll try to get some more de-cluttering done or touch up paint in hallway to put pressure on dad to fix the one shelf in the hall closet and finally tack the baseboards up, I am tired of tripping over them.   I'm may to have to nag a bit to get him off his damm comfy chair,  I hate to nag and he hates to be nagged but I am also getting tired of living in the clutter, some of which is his tools that have been upstairs for a year for when he finishes up the damm project.    I think I'll take the sliding doors for that closet and put them in the shed or throw them away, they were always coming off the tracks,  I'm thinking I'd rather get the chinese screens that mom bought for the upstairs office would work better and I don't need them in the office, they are just in the way there.


No comments: