Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rode Sadie today. Worked Tanza on Tuesday

I was up so late being excited on Tuesday night that I was too tired wed morning to do any horse stuff beyond feeding.    Tuesday I worked with Tanza,  I had thought I'd probably get on him but he was so wound up I decided it would be better not to.   Spent a frustrating session lunging him, scrapping that because he was just racing around in circles and there is not much whoa one can apply with just a line to the halter,  searching for lines, deciding I'd have a wreck if I tried to use the long rope lunge lines, searching more for my shorter flat lines, not being able to find one,  deciding to tie two of the mini driving reins together and finally long lining him.

He was a sweaty mess by the time I got to the long lining and it didn't take too much to convince him to walk but he did start out trotting fast,  still way better than the Skeery fast canter he'd started out with on the long line with me going - Wow, you are really athletic but I don't like you racing around so fast you are leaning into the circle.  

I thought I'd work him again today but woke with a headache which did not yield quickly to ibuprofen and some allergy pill so decided I'd better just ride Sadie.  I don't like to climb on the energized greenies when I'm feeling sub par.

Sadie was pretty good today.    Last time I rode her she got goofy on me the last quarter mile home but today she was back to normal self.

Now I must stop procrastinating and get back to figuring out how to generate some plots to present to small group tomorrow.    I could probably do it in Excel if I had taken time to learn Excel at some point but since I did not do that I'll have to wrestle it into the PDL code or something which I'm not particularly fast at doing, so need to grit my teeth and GitRdone.

No comments: