Sunday, November 9, 2014

Rode Tanza a couple miles with dad on RazzMo

Dad rode RazzMo so Tanza would have company.   Helped quite a bit, so if I had almost anyone on Lady I think Tanza would be OK.   Tanza led almost the whole time,  just stopped a couple times on the way out to look and also look back to make sure his backup was still there.

Razz was hardly the ideal steady eddy.   On the way back he was worked up himself and being that he is a pissy herd boss Tanza was a bit antsy if Razz was too close behind with the hard breathing, and then Razz acted like something was trying to grab him a couple times; at one point I told dad to make him go in front.  That lasted only 100-200 yards and then Tanza wouldn't slow his super fast walk anymore and took the lead again. 

Tanza was about like his first solo ride out or a bit better; he wanted to go faster but didn't really get all worked up about it like he did the second solo ride out a month ago.   He was acting like he was itchy to the point of "it burns" when I unsaddled and unbridled so I grabbed a sponge and sponged his neck and a bit on his face.   I don't know if getting sweaty irritates where he has a few hives or what with him.   He rolled really good when I put him out too.   I hope he is not going to have worse problems with skin allergies than Sadie, it will suck if he needs even more special managing than she does, but I may have to get him tested if these hives don't disappear and stay gone.

So pretty good ride before he gets a week off if the weather forecast is accurate and we get cold hitting tomorrow.  --It may not be too bad tomorrow morning, I haven't gotten the latest forecast. 

No comments: