Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yikes the easy ride is April 21

I had been thinking it was May 2nd.  Which is not even a weekend so I decided I must have been looking at an old year and checked today.   Its an easy ride but I don't know if Shade and I can be ready in just 3 weeks.    I'll have to ride her tomorrow and if she is not off on that fetlock see if we can get a long ride this weekend and see how she handles that.   I suppose I could trailer clear up to the northern WY ride Memorial weekend if I decide we can't ride by April 21 but Shade does come sound enough to train for and do a 50.    Everything always seems to become overly complicated.   

4 comments:

Gerrick said...

Just how far is this "easy" ride?

Teresa/ride4fun said...

I want to do an easy 50 mile ride on Shade sometime this year. We have 8 years and if we get at least one 50 done the next 2 years then she is a decade horse and gets listed with other decade horses. We might not make it with the darn arthritis in her fetlock though.

I have decided that I cannot go from 5 miles or less to 50 in the next 3 weeks with her so I will shoot for going to Basin WY on memorial weekend. Sadie might be ready to do a 25 at that time or maybe my sis and/or dad can join in and we can do some trail riding after I do the endurance ride on the one day I would ask Shade to compete.

Gerrick said...

Fifty miles doesn't sound easy to me.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

The easy ride is actually only about 45 miles (most rides around here are pretty close to the full distance) and is also easy because its flat so there isn't extra stress of going up and down hills.

I've been too out of things this year.