Wednesday, March 13, 2013

picky AJ wont eat the chaffhaye ...

Luckily the other 5 horses that I thought would be a backup if AJ wouldn't eat it do indeed seem to be eating it.   They don't eat it right away but after their grass hay is gone they are cleaning up the bit I've been giving them.   Since they are easy keepers its fine and dandy to be giving them a little bit of food they don't scarf right up.  

I figured that at minimum Sadie, Razz and Lady together would clean it up.  Two hearty eaters and being in a group made that fairly likely.   Shade and/or Grey Moun are cleaning up the bit I've been giving them too.    So  I'll save the alfalfa mix bales for AJ and use the chaffhaye as a hay stretcher for the other group.   Whew,  AJ was soooo obstinate about eating it I was afraid I was going to have to sell the rest of the pallet on CL at some level of loss per bag.

No comments: