Friday, March 8, 2013

chilly ride this morning

I could have been perfectly comfortable but I did not put on my fleece riding pants and a heavy sweatshirt on under my jacket, but dressed the same as yesterday when we had nice morning sunshine warming things up early.   

But it was OK.   Sadie is getting back into the swing of being ridden.  She is still annoyed that I don't let her just graze when we are starting out but she went pretty well today after the first quarter mile.   Did some cantering today, first day since she had her teeth floated that the footing was decent and she didn't feel like she might get carried away and give me a rodeo so I was comfortable to canter instead of asking her to keep to a slow trot.

I love the new dryer,  had to get dad to show me how to use it yesterday though.  It was not responding to just pushing buttons.   You have to push "diagnose" first and then can select the settings.   I still have a feeling that that cpu board control will be a weak link but the only new brands that had plain old manual dials were cheap crap where the basics like the motor would likely fail in a few years.    Its so cool to have clothes will all the lint removed after washing and drying vs. picking up extra lint + wrinkles just hanging them over a towel peg to dry.  

Our little sub-group at work is in funding bonanza just now.   And I don't even think NOAA has killed one of their big money eating projects.   Other groups under our umbrella org may get some sequestration hits supposedly.   I'm sure the reality is that some funding that was "stimulus" will go away, rather than an actual cut based on core funding before the supposedly temporary "stimulus"  I could have told them that shoving money at groups trying to find evidence of CAGW that their models said should be there was not going to stimulate any real economic activity, but that was just a small slice of the stimulus pie to provide some cover while they shoveled big money to their top campaign donors. 

No comments: