Monday, March 25, 2013

No riding this past weekend

We got a nice bit of snow.   I was disappointed with the storm before this one.   It had been hyped as we would probably get 4-8 inches of wet snow and I think we maybe got 8 inches but it was fluffy powder and a lot of other folks regionally didn't even get much powder.  

This one I think was a fairly nice wet snow.   Probably 8 inches fell but the first bit melted into the ground right away.    I was ready to spend a weekend doing lots of reading and only going out to feed the horses and shovel off our entry way so that Mia's bedding would stay dry once I got it dried out.    She stayed outside friday night while it snowed, as usual she was quite sure she had to be out there to keep an eye and ear on the place.   And as usual she was perfectly willing to come in during the day while it continued to snow some to dry off and catch up on sleep.   

It was cold Saturday night but it warmed up quite a bit on Sunday.   According to the TV weather we got over 10 degrees F warmer than they did in the city.   They said it only got to 25 but our thermometers had 37 and it was melting a bit and felt pretty warm.    Doesn't fit their AGW meme for them to decrease the temps but then they have been shifting to "Climate change and *extreme* weather"  since they cannot massage the data into continuing to warm the last 12-15 years.  

I did ride  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings last week so that helped with just enjoying getting some moisture and having a bookworm day.    Friday it was a chilly wind ahead of the snow so I finally did my shopping that I'd been putting off all week. 

No comments: