Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm still too young to feel THIS darned old

Chiro today. He wants me to get someone to press their thumb along the back of my shoulder while I stretch my arm forward and across my body to break up an adhesion that has been bugging me. "When these things are not dealt with they often lead to rotator cuff tears" And the tendon for my biceps was out of its groove which is why I have felt weak as a kitten trying to do up the girth when I ride lately. He got that put back in but I am supposed to be careful with lifting over my head for a while.


I ordered a dream number bed today. I have been sleeping for a couple of years on a camping/temporary guest bed type air mattress with pillow top foam that I cut off my old foam waterbed replacement mattress before I threw it away. So I know I like the basic arrangement of air mattress with a little foam over it for warmth and cushion but the second camping mattress started leaking a couple weeks ago. I've been sleeping in the spare room and that mattress is disagreeing with me.

I had thought I would suck it up on the $$ and get a sleep number bed, I know the company has been around a long time so their 20 years warranty probably really means I could get warranty service for 20 years and people that have them usually like them long term.

BUT I just could not bring myself to take a day to go into a showroom; if they kept the beds on hand and I could have gone home with one I would have sucked it up but since its shipped from the factory later anyway...... It did look one could order online at sleep# now but their website was beyond awful. I got so annoyed trying to browse around it a little bit that I decided I'd take my chances with the knock-off company whose website was well done. If you have any friends with businesses do impress upon them that an awful website is a good way to lose some customers in this day and age.

I don't suppose it really hurts Sleep number a whole lot; I imagine a lot of people want to go in and test out the mattress and get tips from the salesperson etc etc when they are going to spend that kind of dough but it did cost them my potential sale.

Politics still sucks. There was ONE candidate that I thought was decent this year, but the stupid donors and early voters were scared to death that a Texas accent would bring back Bush derangement sympton + the late night comedians were poking fun at a couple of gaffes he made while being less than 100% recovering from back surgery. The remaining candidates all suck. Newt is a dis-organized mess, I really think Santorum is only so-con, not smaller government, more freedoms conservative -- much like Huckabee was. Romney is conservative only in the sense of supporting the military from what I can see. BLECH. I believe the nation, unlike the MarxSpewMedia, really wants to dump Barry, but with this crappy field it might not happen.

And I just don't feel like there is much energy to fight for congress this year either --although my state has no Senate race and my district got rid of a Dem last year and is OK with the R holding that seat so perhaps their is energy elsewhere but the web is just obsessed with the presidential race.

No comments: