Thursday, August 28, 2008

thursday already -time flies

I have to round up a tent etc for car camping this weekend. I have already decided I'll get a hotel if its cold though. I don't do trying to get to sleep when I'm chilled. Still be cheaper than the diesel costs if I was taking horse and trailer with the pickup. But if its mild I'll camp; it'll be fun to visit all evening and so on and I wont have any horse care duties to worry about. So there is a slight benefit to Shade not being good to go. My chiropractor called me last night and we are scheduled for next week; september 4. I'm so glad I have an appointment. I rode Shade yesterday and we had fun but I did think she felt uneven. Less so after she 'raced' the horses in the pasture next to the road we were riding up the hill. I stretched her front legs and didn't feel any resistance; did not even pull saddle first, I don't really trust my eyes to have caught any differences in shoulder blades anyway. I should call my vet today and ask him to get rabies vaccines for me. We seem to have a lot of skunks around and it makes me a bit edgy -although the dogs are good to keep everything off the place; but still I also haul the horses quite a bit.

No comments: