Wednesday, August 6, 2008

thinking things out.

I've been wanting to go to the 3-day Moab ride, with the goal of trying to ride all 3-days since before last years ride. But in the meantime an important work event was planned for M-W oct 27-29. I was still thinking, ok the ride is probably Fri-Sunday, its pretty rare for a non-holiday 3 day ride to be sat-monday but that works, I'll just have to packed and hit the road early on thursday, its not supposed to be super long drive to Moab -or maybe get a few hours in on wed nite. But the ride is actually thurs-saturday.

Early to make sure folks have time to get back and vote perhaps. But it doesn't work for me to do all 3 days. Heck it may not work for riding vacation either with the voting...... Not sure what my timeline for mail-in ballot would be or if sis even has that option.... It seems like there is always 'something' that makes it not right to go to one of the scenic Utah multi-day rides sigh.
I will have to decide whether to go and try to ride friday and saturday if Shade is still going strong then, regardless of whether sis could join for vacation, or just skip it this year. I do first have to finish 1 50 at the ride this weekend and if Shade stays sound there are 3 2-day rides in 4 weeks after that, and I must decide whether to try to ride both days at any of those (the first may be the easiest one) I had wanted to ride 2 days at the sep 13-14 ride but the course changes every year so its totally unknown how big a task 100 miles in 2 days will be for that one.

No comments: