Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few more hours and its all downhill? Please

Aaack. It has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL riding weather every morning this work week. I work 12-9 so I can ride in the mornings. So of course I have gotten ZERO rides in. Monday was ferry p/u from Welder to 5star to get wired for the new trailer. Yesterday was washing the trailer, because I noticed it smelled dirty since I wiped off the dust and got ride of the musty smell, plus leaving a bit early because I needed to clean out my car. Which was FULL, I had dumped extra stuff from my camper in it to transfer to the new trailer over the weekend not thinking I'd get in a car accident. I'm still mad at myself for that lapse of attention friday. Today was searching for the car title that I forgot to search for earlier, didn't FIND it of course. Then after I had given up and decided to call the DMV from work but was wrestling the mats back into my trailer V's older mini colicked as she was out to fetch the other one for a therapy visit. Good thing she had the visit as I would not have noticed him. But spent over an hour syringing various remedies from plain salt water, aloe juice and gelatinized sand clear into him, plus V gave him some banimine. He was eating when I left that to finish getting my mats in the trailer.

Stopped and got stuff out of my glove box and console that I forgot to clear out yesterday. Found DMV web page, called local county office about a duplicate title. Their records indicated my credit union still had a lien on the car. So I had to go to the credit union and they gave me 2 notarized forms that they did not hold a lien on it anymore. (because they have changed their name, they gave me a from with the old name and duplicated form with their current name) So hopefully that will be all the county office needs to issue me a duplicate title. I'm going to be taking extra PTO this week, not just the 8 hours for friday. At least I have the PTO hours to take.

Yes, there are small blessings here. Shade is not in a stall, she can keep herself limber and doesn't NEED riding. It was not one of my horses that colicked. I was able to get the form from the CU, and its not an emergency that I get the insurance funds as quick as possible. I'm thinking I should just get a 90's Civic, or Corolla etc now and wait until my driving record is clear before getting another new car.

No comments: