Thursday, August 21, 2008

The good the blah and the ugly

Good: I emailed Lady's leasors yesterday and left a voicemail to check email. She called me around noon and gave me the update. Lady is loving it up in Conifer. I didn't quite catch the name they gave her; she HAD to get a spanish name, smile, but I guess she has quickly become the pet of the farm. They were out of stall space for mares so they moved a couple of theirs outside to give Lady company in a group of runs with 3-sided sheds. I guess the nearest mare has gotten quite fond of Lady, and protested when L took Lady out of sight on a cooling down walk after she'd been worked; and Lady is enjoying the attention/fuss and just blossoming.

Blah: Of course after not getting my ducks in a row to ride M-W morning and deciding I MUST ride today --rationalizing Shade needs to get out for a least a few miles, wink; it was hot for our ride today. Then I had to get to the CCR office, luckily local branch office is close to home to get my duplicate title. They issued it no problem, had to pay cash, I had been going to write a check even though small amount for records so I had to void my check I'd pre-started. Then I had to take the title back to the C/U to sign off on since the CCR office had to issue it to them since their records showed the C/U as the lienholder and my notarized statement from the C/U was sufficient to get the physical title but it still had to show the C/U as the lienholders. That was all ok, just tired of chasing around settling details with the car. I HIGHLY recommend staying out of accidents. The aftermath is a PITA.

The ugly: I remembered I had not retrieved my garage door opener when I cleaned out my car. Swung by the collision place to fetch it and it had been towed already. I had a mini-meltdown, least managed to keep it internal, but was just a mess for 10 minutes until I managed to achieve some perspective and rationality. And my legs feel like lead after my wee little ride this morning. Does not bode well for the ride on saturday. But I'll suck it up and gitRdone so long as Shade is ok. I cannot wimp out on going (barring crap like my truck end up not being finished and ready to tow) I have GOT to take a few trips with the new trailer and decide whether to keep it or not. But I have my insurance settlement. Now just have to decide whether to replace my car, or get a much used car and just carry liability on it. I'm leaning towards the 2nd idea but depends if I can cope with checking out used cars until I find one. I'm such a shopping weenie.

2 comments:

Debaloonie Debonaire said...

YAY! That is so wonderful about Lady. Thanks for the update on her. :)

I hope the rest of your weekend is good!

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Hey glad you found this, since I forgot to email you or put it on the EF board where you'd be more likely to see it.