Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Thank goodness for online meetings with icons rather than camera.

 It helps me keep my sanity to be able to roll my eyes or stick my tongue out when windbags are talking or updating process that is stuck, seems to be regressing rather than making progress is being discussed. 


Well I spend hours today debugging something that I had ALREADY told the software engineer needed to be corrected by building the qt4 we need in the directory where it will live because building in a temp directory first was messing it up.   

But I did also find a way to fix another bug that was breaking compiling the other part of the package.  A header print statement for the build log was causing a hard fail with the newer perl version.   Easy fix, just comment out the problem print statement. 

No comments: