Wednesday, October 25, 2023

I need to throw away some food

 I bought some fried chicken Monday from the grocery store.   Dad had some that evening along with store bought tater salad. and had dire rear yesterday.  Yuck.    I was thinking its just dad and his age, cuz I ate both items myself and was fine; but I was eating a piece of chicken today that I heated a bit over much and it did not taste good.  The tater salad is supposed to be ok till Nov, but it tasted a bit off to me as well.  So I have to overcome my "can't waste food" compulsion and just toss the rest of both things.   It is only a few $ of groceries and there are not starving hobos with super cast iron stomachs queued up where I'd be depriving someone who could use the calories by throwing this crap away.   I also had some old peanut butter that's been in the fridge yesterday morning and it was a little bit rancid.   Not horrible but I don't need to eat it instead of just buying a fresh jar.  

I hate when I know I am illogical about something like cost of food or "oh its terrible to throw food away"  especially when having the aide service folks or hauling the horse to ride somewhere is way more $ and I don't flinch at doing that. 

I am having to work to suppress annoyance at a co-worker asking me to write out detailed instructions for finding which low-level files need to be found to reprocess some old data where we missed generating products on one system that was used for archiving.   She wanted me to spell everyone out fully, instead of making any effort to figure it out on her own.   I restored some files that were tricky to get and gave her just general "look at symlinks to see what files are used" instead of compiling a list.    Ohmmm,   Ohmmmm.   I must stay zen about this and just nudge like I did instead of just doing everything for her or blowing up about it.  

No comments: