Thursday, October 26, 2023

Having a neighbor come in to help with dad is going pretty well

 I still would like a two or three week vacation from him if not from both him and pesky work demands.  But L is great with dad, and I enjoy her company too.  I'm having to work to have the boundary that I have to go up and do work when she is here and dad is still sleeping or whatever.  

Next I should call the home health service and reduce hours they come again.   I keep punting on that, thinking that its nice to have the option to be gone for several hours on a weekend day w/o worrying about interrupting the neighbors weekend when her DH is not off at work.   But when they have a new person I feel like I have to stick around most of the day to show them stuff; and even if its an experienced person if I think dad should have a clean bandage when he gets up I end up 'waiting to exhale' if he is snoozing late that day.    I still want a live-in person so I could just decide to take off most anytime outside of some negotiated periods and 'the roomie can deal with dad.'   But I don't want to end up with a lazy cad that is hard to evict so I'm not moving at all fast on that. 

No comments: