Sunday, January 1, 2023

Ugh. Dad is on totally random sleep/wake schedule.

I'm nervous his hearing is gone, rather than the hearing aids not working.  Without his core TV show watching this no schedule at all is very likely going to continue until he dies or I can't take it and put him in a nursing home.    And his sight seems worse too.  I write him notes in huge font and it takes him forever to read and comprehend them.   I think there is also some dementia coming on; it is very hard to tell what is just him not being able to hear nor see well and what is mental fog.    I really don't want to put him in a facility when he can't hear and process explanations of what is going on so I will try to keep on plugging and be more proactive about bringing in an aide more often.   I keep punting on calling to have someone come especially on weekends because I think "well I'm not invited to go ride or anything anyway" and its been too cold for me to even want to ride.  I'm a big weenie about cold anymore. 

No comments: