Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Dad heard the doorbell yesterday

 Good news for me, hopefully the hearing aid place can repair his aides so he can hear me again.  I need to turn his car around and set up the slide and ride to see if he can get in/out of the car with that help.  I should call 211 just in case he can not.  It would be good to know just what it takes to get a handicap van out here with someone who can get him down the two steps and into it. 

Yawn,  I wish I had a knack for getting in short naps.  Usually I don't actually fall asleep, or if I do doze off I better have an alarm set or else I'll sleep for a couple hours instead of just 20-30 minutes.   I need to run down and see if dad's car tire that was flat is holding air and if so turn it around and set up the slide and ride gizmo to get the leg heights correct.  Else need to pull dad's car out and set up my car.  Plus need to call insurance company.  The paperwork details seem to take so much time trying to handle both mine and his now. 

Jan 4 update.  211 was a bust.  I gave up staying on line and went to the colorado 211 web site like they recommended.  I guess I need to contact the via outfit.  Its not really what I need, it is a free ride system, but perhaps it could help somewhat.   I'm going to punt on trying to get dad to the hearing aid doctor and just take his hearing aides in.  His car was bricked yesterday.  I need to see if charging the non hybrid battery will get it to where it will at least start with a jump start.  My Volkswagen is bad on slick snow pack plus I didn't get the agency called to send someone out to help.   The neighbors would probably help me, but dad will hold a grudge for ages if I get stuck with him trapped in the passenger seat.   I just can't risk it.   I ordered checks for both our accounts yesterday.   One thing that needed doing but I need to buckle down and catch up on the paperwork and 'admin' tasks.   Neighbor gave me website for her BILs friend that does home health aide work.   I guess I'll try to contact the gal.   The actual 'health aide' tasks are not where I'm failing, it's the housework and making appointments with various docs plus lining up help to transport dad to those appointments that has me flummoxed. 

No comments: