Thursday, April 28, 2022

Vaccinated co-workers are part of the summer covid wave.

 It seems early for the 'summer' wave.  But my main takeaway is the good little peons who listened to sundown Joe and got vaccinated last fall to be 'fully vaccinated' by the initial Dec deadline are catching covid.  I should be nice.  ONE co-worker and family got covid.  The second one just announced daughter has covid.  She might not catch it and daughter is in HS, so I have no idea whether daughter got vaccinated or not.  

I could be wrong but my gut feeling from what I've seen is that the vaccination is barely effective and only for a few months.  I am not prone to vaccine reactions but even so, this vaccine does cause reactions, sometimes severe for some people.  I'm not exposed to large numbers of people in my work so my risk of catching any virus is pretty low so why would I get vaccinated unless the vaccine had an incredibly low number of reactions and they were all mild?

That would be the calculus if it was only risk/benefit analysis on should I get the covid vaccine.  Since there is also the issue of not going along with letting uncle Sam make medical decisions for me it becomes  NO, NOPE, Not happening, on getting this particular vaccine.    

I am struggling with anxiety and mild depression.  Since Bee had a colic episode two days after I got back from Moab I'm a bit worried about being gone.  I could just enjoy riding with friends, only it feels like they don't want to ride with me.  That is the anxiety issue.  "Do I seem so reckless with Tanza that they are nervous riding with us?"  "Am I not contributing sufficiently for Happy Hour?"   I don't know how to fix the Happy Hour thing.  I'd gladly just give the organized couple some cash to defray their expenses or I could buy burgers or brats or whatever if they did a rotation of "your turn to provide meat to grill" but just bringing stuff ad hoc it is usually extraneous.  Last year I took to bringing extra beer but my beers in cans are not hoity enough, they like bottles; and now B is into hard seltzer and M announced his doc is wanting him to avoid wheat.  

No comments: