Tuesday, April 19, 2022

I had fun on my trip.

 Not success, I was going to enter two LDs.  But Tanza was off on his right hind at the vet check on day 1.   He was wanting to stand or step on the toe so I think it was soreness in that foot but didn't try to find a hoof tester.  I don't really know how to use it anyway.    So I pulled and did not ride the LD on day 2.  

He was much better Sunday morning so I did take him on a 12 mile walking ride and enjoyed the scenery. Was back in camp as the LDs were finishing, they didn't need any P/R help so just watched but someone told the RM that the 30 miles had 7 hrs to complete versus the actual 7 hrs 15 minutes so I was able to correct her so she didn't mark the tail enders as over time.  The very last two were leading their horses in and in danger of running out of time so we told their crew and I walked out with the crew person to them and exhorted them to hurry hurry,  got them over the line at 7 hrs 14 minutes by my phone time.

Enjoyed visiting with various people.   Drove home on Monday and the big blue beast overheated going up Vail pass.  Drat it, I forgot to check the coolant level and it has been needing top offs.   But once it cooled off and I could put coolant and water in the pickup made it home fine.  

Paul and Sarah helped dad with chores and invited him to dinner on Saturday night.   I had to wash his jeans this morning and washed the recliner afghan and spent most of the evening upstairs because he pissed in his jeans and it smelled sooo putrid.   I think he had a blowout earlier in the day and was going commando rather than using a 2nd pair of depends.  I don't know WTF his problem is with thinking he has to minimize the amount he uses each month.  They aren't super cheap but he doesn't have the mortgage anymore so I know he can easily afford to buy 2 or 3 times as many.   

No comments: