Saturday, April 9, 2022

Great, even the pet thread makes me feel unworthy today.

There aint no good guy, there aint no bad guy, there's just you and me and we just disagree.  And I don't think every animal has to be euthanized.  Ole seemed fine even on the day he died.  But not euthanizing Mia when we did would have been cruel.  I probably should have been better tuned in to her deteriorating condition and helped her over the bridge sooner than that day.  I have a hard time with people who talk or write like they are oh so heroic when keeping an animal alive a few extra days or weeks.  Maybe that was best for that one pet but its not best for every pet and I've seen animals with pain in their eyes and felt so badly that I couldn't spare them however many more days of that.  

I hope I'm just being a bit paranoid.  I feel like the folks I enjoy riding with are every week hoping I have other plans.   Well B has been willing to ride with me and I think M is up for most anything riding wise.  It would be J who seems to think the presence of me and Tanza would end up making her hurt.  I suppose that has been the case a few times.  Not by any insistence on my part of needing a minimum pace or distance, but by her and M thinking they should do that because I'm doing some formal events so rides were a bit longer or faster then worked for her sore hips the last couple of years.  Plus the SD trip.  I still don't recall Tanza doing anything really bad but hardly anyone ended up having a very fun trip and someone must of told B that he was scary for her to lecture me like she did on the way home.  


No comments: