Sunday, February 27, 2022

Convention was pretty good

I had forgotten about my low tire light,  took me 3 gas stations to get the tire up to a decent level and none of them had safety caps to replace the one that was missing.  So I was very late getting there but that was ok.   And I didn't contact the prize person two months ago and say "I don't need anything for 3 lousy LD rides but if you do include us in the LD lists something please make it size medium not small"  So I have another small jacket that I can't wear.  I must look for how-tos to make a jacket into a rump warmer.  At a very minimal level I could just sew on some tie strings I suppose but I would like to see if there are any handy tips.  

I expected there might be someone there who would be all "aack stay away from me" if I let slip I was unvaccinated but I was bummed when that someone was the retired doctor's wife who has always seemed pretty grounded to me "I promised DH I would not sit next to anyone who wasn't vaccinated"  "it is selfish of you, because you put others' health in jeopardy."    Oh well, such is life.   Her retired doc. husband should KNOW better, he must be slipping in his old age to accept that BS from Fauci and the CDC. 

I need to be a bit more productive today,  been dinking with laundry and threw some boneless pork ribs in crock pot with mush. soup and a bit of vinegar and vodka.   I just winged that, so may end up with tough meat with way too much vinegar tang but will find out at supper.  

update-  I wasn't wild about the pork but dad said it was good.  Sigh,  I suppose I can cook chops that way, sans the vinegar.  Chops should not need the extra acid to get tender.  I'm dragging again today.  If I'd had a cold I could say I must have "long covid" but this has to just be depression and less than great diet.  I'm nowhere near as bad as dad but I do eat too much sugar and wheat.  

No comments: