Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Finally dropped some stuff off at Arc thrift store yesterday.

 Part of me hates to just drop stuff off there, wondering if they will just toss it, but it was past time for the fancy tea sets and glass serving dishes to have a chance to find a new home instead of continuing to sit unused in their water damages boxes.  I didn't even know the history of when they were acquired so there was no sentimental value to conflict with the "I will never use these"    Also included a calendar hanger/holder.   The calendar we use hangs behind the indoor/outdoor thermometer.  We don't have bare wall space that needs to have a decorative wrought iron calendar holder plus scenic calendar,  I think it was an impulse buy of mom's, possibly she meant to give it to someone.  And a bag of purses she had downstairs and a box of jigsaw puzzles H had given us.   I'm too much of a clutter bug to create and keep a nice surface for jigsaw puzzles to be worked.  Can't do one on a coffee table because the pets would scatter the pieces and we don't have any higher tables or wide shelves that are not occupied. 

And last night I replaced half of the broken zipper on my jacket.  The zipper I used is exactly compatible with the one that broke, just black instead of blue and the jacket zips now so I'll probably just leave it as a two-tone zipper because sewing in a zipper is so painful.  I was trying to take enough time, pin it carefully etc but my work is still very rough.   But it would have taken me months to get around to finding a seamstress to do a nice repair and I was wanted to hang on to the MRER jacket.    Saturday I hung up 3 pictures and a plaque from work plus a doily that aunt Julianna had made and aunt Mary had had mounted in a nice frame.    Yesterday I dumped the last 3 big jars of old soft pickles.  Mom had re-used store bought pickle jars so I just tossed them.  I've been washing the Ball and Kerr jars with intent to off them on Next Door since I do not see myself doing any pickling.  I barely make time to steam some frozen veggies in the microwave.  

No comments: