Friday, July 3, 2020

My blog so I'm allowed to whinge

I don't know why I like that British/Aussie version much better than plain old american whine, but I do.

Sprayer saga.  Wed I went to use it, and broke a wire after I didn't get a turn made and had to unhook and finagle to get the 4-wheeler and sprayer where I could go again.   Thursday morning and noon I sprayed with backpack sprayer after siphoning out of the tow sprayer to fill it; the neighbor bought new wiring and put it in for dad that afternoon.  Friday we hauled hay in the morning.  I went to spray and sprayer wasn't spraying well.  I had been running pump in re-circulate mode.   Back to gate, ask dad to help,  he takes off the hose where the filter is.   It had some crud in it but was not fully blocked.  I rinsed it out, we re-assembled it seemed to work and off I went and again by I went to switch to spray from re-circulate the pump was not working worth a shit.   I dis-connect battery clip and back to house.  Complain to dad that he must not have rinsed crap out of tank and it keeps clogging.  He replies "Its not clogging"  fiddles, re-connects pump and it works fine.   He undoes battery for while I get to the burrs.   I go again,  start up,  it is spraying and after a couple minutes I notice 'just trickling again'.   I disconnect battery,  kick the pump and nozzles, re-connect and it goes.  Lather, rinse repeat about a dozen times, of running for a minute or two and then just a trickle until I figured.  'well I got spray on some of the burrs and I can't stand to keep on with this anymore plus the neighbor's 4-wheeler seems to be starting to run hot.'     Went in and and ate some lunch then drained sprayer and used backpack sprayer again 1 round.   I need to go at least one more time with backpack.   The bloody goats heads have set a bunch of burrs so I WILL have to hit this fence line again after we get July-Aug monsoons and again next spring I suppose.   I should buy some oats or something to try to plant this fall to reduce weeds next year.    What a PITA.    Oh and found the contractors for the electric company practically left a hole down at the end of the pasture and I should try to fix that with the tractor bucket at some point.    Argggghhhhh,  Not pleased with either the contractor or the neighbor along that fenceline who told P about the burrs but couldn't pick up a phone and let me and dad know?  For pete's sake we are in the phone book!@!

The horse I tried out was not really reactive.   He is fairly distrustful but seemed way more "ughh,  I don't wanna work in the heat than reactive, or spooky at all"   The owner free-longed him after I was done riding and he was eager to please her so maybe he just gets very angst if he isn't sure what the game plan is.    But not sure I can get along with that personality.   I did schedule to try him on trail on July 9 and told owner I really need to focus on Big Horn until after Aug 1.    Also he is 14 not 12 and seemed like he might be a bit foot sore or something even though I only rode him on the soft sand footing in round pen and arena.   I'd like to help B's friend out, but just don't know if my personality can work with this horses personality and I won't mess with an unsound horse.

No comments: