Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Ah haha. "burrs aren't so thick I'm ready to go nuclear option"

TheyARE that thick in the one bottom corner,  plus where the electric company dug up along the pasture fence so I got dad to get the little 25 gallon boom sprayer working.   I don't know what I'll do when he isn't here.  I'll have to get a neighbor to help me with mechanical things, that won't be the end of the world but I'll have to adjust to planning ahead so I have time to ask them to fit it into their schedules and have time to to some return favor to them.   Thanking god I still have some time to make that adjustment.

I have mostly adopted "arrgghh I have to declutter" as my obsession the last few weeks.   I will soon run out of the easy "just burn or toss this in the garbage phase."  I'm hoping I can lean on B's communication and organizational skills for a bit while she is rooming here, and she will be able to find nursing homes or someplace to take some of the games and jigsaw puzzles and so on.  I want that from her much more than any yard work etc because it is so emotionally draining for me making calls trying to find places that will accept donations.   I may have to steel myself and just toss a lot of reasonably good used stuff because in these days of cheap chinese goods and Covid, bedbugs etc its just not that easy to get thrift centers to take things.

I lined up to test ride a horse on Thursday.   B's friend L needs to sell a 12 year old arab that is too reactive for her.   He sounds like a nice horse and if he is about like Tanza and not over the top like Sadie I'll probably find I like him just fine.   L is interested in riding Razz sometimes on trails and if she likes him, he'll at least get some occasional exercise which will be great for him.   I should try to find a job for Sadie where she wouldn't be ridden.  She is sweet and super smart so might be good as a non-riding therapy horse but in my mind I imagine folks doing that kind of therapy are bombarded with folks wanting to dump horses that they don't want to ride on them and won't be interested,  But if I don't ask I'll never know.

No comments: