Friday, July 24, 2020

Trying to switch to thinking about the BigHorn ride

I have been so pre-occupied with work and with trying to finally get rid of some of the clutter around here that I have not really been thinking and planning for the ride.  I have finally started that ride planing process but I need to give it more time and thought.  I don't need to obsess too much, but we only see crew 3 times in the 100 miles and one vet check no crew allowed where they say they will have water for horses and people.  So I need to carry some supplies.   I found the pommel bags will work on my saddle.  The english style cantle bag will not.  I can zip tie easy boots to the saddle.  I need to try wearing my mesh pocket vest and see if I can live with it and then tie it to saddle if I get too hot in the middle of the day.   We will be on the mountain for the hot part of the day.  

Need to pull extra empty supplement buckets I won't use out of my trailer mangers and pack comfy chairs and pillows and things.

No comments: