Friday, May 1, 2020

I think the virus theatre is going to end before too long

Evidence from places that did early antibody testing shows infection rates were 50-80 times higher than those that felt so sick they went to a doc and got the active virus test.  Which means the virus does not put 1 in 9 that get it in the hospital but 1 in 450.   And I was onboard with 'wear a mask to make other folks feel safer so they don't shriek and wail "NOOO, people will die' about re-starting the economy.   But yesterday I was just going through the motions wearing my dumb mask.  As summer heats up more and more folks are going to decide comfort is more important than reassuring the fearful and only employees mandated to wear masks will do it and they will be thinking 'this is a PITA, maybe I should quit and say I can't find child care or I'm worried that I'm high risk for severe case if I get cover-19 and just take that generous unemployment that congress set up'  so their employers will feel pressure to end the policy as well.

I am nervous with Trump saying he could use the war powers act to force packing plants to stay open after Tyson chicken was making noises about shutting down some production.   I don't want Tyson, and Smithfield and other outfits that are owned by the Chinese or home grown commie scum squeezing food supply to try to affect the election but I don't like the government saying they can force someone to produce food either.  I pray that god guides us through this mess and we don't end up spiraling into full on tyranny or a mix of tyranny with pockets of anarchy.

No comments: