Sunday, May 10, 2020

I had a good riding weekend

It was not Medicine Lodge, which is a fun AERC ride in WY, and it was not camping which was the original plan B but still managed to have a good weekend of riding.   Started rough on Friday when I checked my phone about 2:45 and found that I was missing a short notice ride with the gal that I thought I'd ride with on Sat and one of the can't go camping folks.  But I decide to ride by myself on Saturday.  Tossed and turned a bunch overnight with nerves about riding solo at a trailhead instead of just from home or from an endurance basecamp and then it took me an hour of asking before Tanza would let me catch him.  So that made it a good thing that I didn't have a deadline of meeting someone.

Tanza was quite good for me and it was really nice to be able to canter on the easy footing gradual stretch w/o having to 'slow down a bit,  T feels like he'll buck' and then go slower on rocky or technical sections that M goes.  I need more practice riding fast in rough country so I don't get out sync with Tanza but it was nice to be able to relax on Saturday and it was just awesome to be riding my horse,  the bluebells and violets were blooming and I found my way to do the loop I wanted to try.
I figure it was about 18 miles and we did it in 4 hours.

Today met B and her friend L at Barr lake and we did the easy flat 9 miles.  There was a nice breeze that kept the bugs away most of the loop.  Got home, let the horses out to graze and did a couple rounds of burning in the barrel.   I have a whole lot of decluttering left to do but made a bit of progress.

No comments: