Monday, May 18, 2020

Nice ride at IC yesterday

I think the extra sheepskin I put on my saddle is helping with comfort level for Tanza and the new longer Skito pad worked out well.   Tanza led most of the way.   He and I set a fairly slow pace, but it was still 14-15 miles of good hill work.  B's friend L was with us on her 28 year old horse.   Prince did well but aside from being 28 he is coming back from a long lay off while L was laid up with broken hand injury from her 12 year old horse spooking.  I guess she got a bad angle on the hand/arm on his neck or the saddle when she was catching herself from pitching over his ears.    I don't hurry through rocks and roots anyway, though sometimes Tanza does keeping up with a speedy horse in front of him.   L was not wanting to walk the whole way so we trotted the nice footing sections.   I got home, put the horses out on the downy brome to graze for a bit  and had beer thirty, then I barely felt competent to burn some branches afterwards.  No pole or chain saw work when I was feeling so fuzzy.  

No comments: