Sunday, May 31, 2020

Damn I seem to have invited myself to a snipe hunt.

I felt like I was begging too much to join the fun group I have been riding with so reached out to someone else.   And  person A responded in a way that I thought I had a riding date lined up so I told my friend I was committed today.   She was working yesterday and it turned out I had to do an emergency fix as on-call person for work so it was good that I didn't have to do a last second cancel.

But A has now not responded back to me with a time, or even  "something came up and I won't be able to ride."   Sighhh.    If she didn't care to ride with me I wish she would have just said so or at least said she has other plans this weekend.  

This is a big part of the reason why I go to so many organized rides in normal years.   I'm not good at networking and I have a tendency to feel crushed by rejection when people bow out, especially if it is last minute.  Oh well.   I'll reach out to fun group and see if they are going to camp/ride in the coming weekends.  I want to get a mini vacation from the endless work of trying to keep this place up before I have a meltdown.

No comments: