Thursday, May 7, 2020

Must remember to share how-to's with team

I did do that this week.  It would have been a tiny bit easier for me to just edit and run my script but I get so annoyed with the adjunct team member who drags his feet on sharing HOW to run any of HIS scripts as though he needs the extra job security of being the only one who can do whatever.  Its absolute BS,  there are a number of things, especially dealing with binary data that only he can do and the leadership likes him and would work to preserve his job if we had a funding cut, even if he didn't have specialized skills that would be hard to replace.

But I can only control my own behavior.   I try to remember how annoying I find the 'oh I have to do this myself, when I have time' response; and share things with the team.

Yesterday I managed, just barely to remember that 'comfort food'  is not all the comforting and avoided just stuffing my face in the evening after my normal weekday eating window.   Yay me,  I actually got a fair amount of work stuff done late in the day after a frustrating mess of not being able to get onto the work VPN which is a needed step to do 90% of my work for 2 hours, and then dealing with the neighbor we hired to clean our pens.  I was very angst that he ripped huge areas of the pens because in the past working pens up has led to an explosion of burrs.   Hopefully all the spraying I've down the last 5-6 years will help prevent that.   Maybe we will get weeds the horses like to eat, but that's a long shot.  Even if I have to spray more I guess its not a big problem since the 'rona lockdowns are shutting down most rides I would have gone to this year.  I'm bummed about that and still don't know what rides may still happen.  

No comments: