Thursday, October 25, 2018

Must call farrier and contact my cell ph provider today

I am not going to tear my p/u apart to see if my cell phone is in deep hiding so I need to contact them to get a new one, see if I can retain the # etc.   Part of me wants to wait until after the election to avoid all those texts but overall that is foolish.

Must call my farrier, I can't remember if we even set a day.  I have such a mental block on writing the next shoeing appointment on the calendar.

The last two days I got software debugged to work with a new orbit prefix.  Thought I'd had it before but had to redo the fetching and had not got it into the TEC software.  Now that is all in place though.

 I need to email my PWV folks and see if any of them have the freely available software and/or I need to download that software on the laptop or desktop MAC and start playing with it.  I don't want to walk away from this job, I love my PTO and flexible schedule but I need to have some fallback options.  The manager is oh so polite to the software people when they discuss problems or new tools but then does NOTHING different from his pre-conceived plan and 3 good people will probably quit within two years and the program will implode for sure if they all departed within a few months of each other.  And I feel like I may be being strung along on the "oh yes we want to get funding and keep up the PWV"

They know it is important to me and lately I feel like they are stringing me along because they don't want to have to replace me RIGHT NOW, but figure they'll risk that I'll stay out of inertia or they won't need my historical knowledge if they get a few months down the road.    I've had the luxury of trusting that management was trying to keep good people happy and funded up till the past couple years and I did get a bit soft.

No comments: