Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Ugh, Tanza's back is still sore

He is not tender to my finger touch on the spot where the crupper snap rubbed off hair, but I set the saddle on him to check if it was too wide and he was flinching.   Poor guy.   I will try to shim the saddle to make it fit like a more narrow tree.   If I can't get it the way I want I will try to have the saddle maker adjust it.   I feel bad for not picking up that this was going on before now.  But its the nature of horses, they lose weight or whatever and things that had been OK become irritants.  I should know by now that I always have to keep checking things but I got lax.

So I probably will not pre-register for the ride this weekend.  If I can't feel like the saddle will work I need to just skip it.   I really want to go, try to ride faster, see how the crupper change works, equal last years # of rides etc etc but I need to put Tanza's comfort first.

No comments: