Sunday, October 21, 2018

Lady is back for the winter

I took Sadie along and took a wee ride on her during the hunt for the horses.  DL and R walked out.  I rode up the other hill just in case the horses were hanging there where they could maybe see horses in an adjoining pasture.   But they were where R headed.   That worked out for Sadie to go a wee bit farther which was good.  It was getting too late for them to saddle Lady and take a quick ride so they just fetched her things and I got home relatively early.  I try to limit politics on FB but don't hide that I'm conservative and I wondered if R was put out to have to spend any time around an eeevil R voter. Of course she could have been put out because I've been immune to her damsel in distress act.

Only this morning after graining did I get Lady and Tanza in the side pen.  I have been sleeping late and not having much energy all month.  Probably job stress plus the fear that I might end up on the endurance BOD although I think that getting on the BOD is not too likely with a field of 18 for 8 slots.  I don't want to just renege if there are a lot of folks who feel that they want a director with my philosophy but I fear it would be a 2 year time sink without me getting anything done in that direction if I do end up elected to the BOD.  Plus shortly after folks started putting their DAL statements online one gal posted about all the people emailing or pm'ing her with whines of "its not FAAAIRRR, this ride was short (I guess it was a long drive and they think folks that can get to more of that RMs or areas rides have an easier path to year end awards?)  

 and "I was not treated well as an LD rider ....."   Thankfully I have not gotten one contact like that.    If the org has become so full of entitled whiny babies I don't want to be too deeply involved.    Are LD riders treated poorly?  Maybe at some rides and when being passed by hot shoe 50 riders.  But Ive ridden many LDs and been at common checks as 50s and I suspect there is a big subset whining over 'slights' like asking them to wait for completion vet checks so 50 milers can get on the trail for their last loop and stuff like that which is not really slighting the LDs,  at rides with 50s and 100s in the same day the 50s waiting for end of ride completions will be asked to be patient so the vets can get the 100 milers on trail w/o going past their hold periods.  Plus hot shoe 50s that are rude when passing are also rude to the slow 50 milers as well if its a multi-loop trail.  

Took Sadie on a short ride Sunday evening.   Riding her at home is pretty fun, that nervous energy magnified by a group of horses makes taking her to organized rides not fun; but at home its cool, almost like being at a ride energy level with Tanza.  

No comments: