Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Took Tanza for his first ride down the road on Monday

I was wishing briefly "gee I wish L was coming out to ride so he would have a buddy horse",  had to remind myself that L on Lady wouldn't be that great as L lets Lady pretty much do whatever Lady wants and enjoys running towards home which I would not want for first few rides on a high energy horse that is so new to me.

Tanza was quite good.  I am very happy with him.   He walked out briskly, stopping a couple times to look around briefly and moving on when I asked him to.   He wanted to hurry home, but complied with me asking him to slow back to a walk every time as he started trotting.

Ole went along.  First time he's joined me since sometime this spring.   Someone on my horse BB recommended Devils claw for the old dog/arthritis symptoms.  I did not jump into that,  thought dogs probably don't get that much out of a herbal remedy but finally went "well what do I have to lose, if it works its cheaper than previcoxx and I don't have to twist his vet's arm to get it"   Happy I did that as it seems to have both Ole and Mia feeling more perky.  

So far the only downside with Tanza is the: trying to ride 2 horses with work and doing some basic ranch and house chores.   I knew that could be an issue and hesitated a long time on looking for a 2nd horse because of it.   God was looking out for me there since Tanza is such a great fit for me.


No comments: