Friday, September 26, 2014

Water pump went out wed evening. Should be fixed today

So September is still on my least favorite month list, but this missing pump has not been too bad.   Dad borrowed one of Paul's tote water tanks and got water thursday and topped off horse tanks and brought some in house for essential washing and flushing.   We could not find paperwork for company that installed it or remember their name and called a different company yesterday --who never called back or anything.   Not sure why they were unwilling to come out and fix anyway,  not like it was a warranty issue since its 11 years old but this morning he called again and asked them who else in that town installed cisterns and got the right company called and they sent someone right out.   Without the part they needed when they found the problem control box with juice going in but not coming out, but sounded like the repair person was confident he could get the part in town and get things running today.

I am loving my new horse.   Seller named him Tanzaknight;  tanzanite is a gem and he is a pretty good gem for being a high energy 4 year old.   I have no idea what happened that she suddenly decided not to have horses anymore this summer,  but her loss is my gain.   I have a really nice horse with better breeding then I was shopping for + 3 months training vs just 30 days to get started that I would likely have had done.   She has reasonable peace of mind that I am a good home and that I really wanted him since I paid her more than she was asking in her last ad because I wanted her to hold him for me for a couple weeks before I could pick him up.

  I'm trying not to obsess on why she went from having bought a nicely bred weanling 4 years ago  and then had him trained early this spring to selling the horse property; giving/free leasing all her older horses to a friend who just didn't want a young arab with having young kids riding; and selling horse trailer and stuff too.   She didn't volunteer why the sudden change to being horseless and I didn't pry after my hint statement of "sorry you are having to part with Tanza" did not loosen her tongue at all.   

Tomorrow I think I will ride Sadie down the road.   If I go early or it stays cooler, Ole may come with me,  he was pestering me today before I went out and saddled Tanza, although he was a good dog and didn't try to pester the horse or run off while I rode T in Grey and Shade's pen while they had their feed outside the pen.  

No comments: