Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Well I'm glad I didn't have enough gumption to spray today

Because the wunderground weather web page was wrong and it rained.   I did get a fair amount of spraying done on Sunday.   Also rode Sadie 7.5 miles with good amounts of trot and canter both Saturday and Sunday.   Today our farrier came.   I just had him trim Sadie along with the rest of the herd because I haven't found anyone else yet.

BUT I MUST start searching harder.    I asked him to give her a mustang roll and he just did his usual trimming style with maybe taking a bit on the quarters so they would not chip.   I'll be rasping the toe and sides myself to get the amount of 'roll' I wanted.  

I got my carpet tiles put in my trailer on Saturday.   They went in pretty nicely and the color looks fine.   I have enough colors in the trailer and the carpet has enough color bits that it blends in fine. 

The twins I hauled to the Shamrock ride gave my $60 for gas which I didn't need.   So I signed up for a hoof boot exchange group on yahoo and bought some used size 5 epics for their draft cross.   Hopefully they fit his fronts fine and will stay on well in use and I can decide if he needs same size on backs or one down if he even needs them.    I would like to be able to take them places that have serious rock and not worry that its beating up his feet.   

No comments: