Thursday, July 17, 2014

Need to get moving so I can ride again today

Stupid google has dated my monday post as tuesday.  I think they have me on eastern time.    I evened up Sadie's heels on her front feet tuesday (well more like her bars,  the very back of the heels looked even but then it looked like she was high on the outsides before little chips)   Yesterday I rounded off the toes on the front feet some more.   I need to look at her hinds now and need to get on the stick and find a new farrier.   I don't have much faith in my eyes so I don't want to be having to fix what I think he left uneven.  Plus I'd still like to just go with having her shod although hoof boots are working OK for now. 

After rasping I rode 5 miles both tuesday and wednesday,  I don't think I'm going to get that distance bumped up any today but its not too bad for middle of week riding.    I called the RM for a ride Aug 1 and 2 and mailed an entry to ride both days.   I may have to bow out of the 2nd day but it looked like such a fun ride and new trails each day. 

No comments: