Friday, July 11, 2014

TGIF

I love the paycheck and mostly enjoy the coding part of my job but it is very much a TGIF week.  Reading comprehension how does it work?  but I should know better than to expect it from folks who think that voting for the party that stomps on the economy with ridiculous regs and punitive taxes on almost all producers outside the 0.1%ers means voting for better science funding.   hello does the term 'discretionary spending' mean anything to you?    Its one of the things that gets cut when the budget gets squeezed.    One does not even have to understand that logic,  looking at history also shows that the so called anti-science party spends more on funding science. 

I borrowed a "Keep Calm" meme sink poster idea from a downstairs kitchen and printed it up,  had to go the extra step of putting it over the haranguing note myself but at least it has not been taken down -yet.  I do hope it is left and no more harangues are put up,  my cream is only half gone and only has about 1.5 weeks left on shelf life.    I'd like to put it in the pool next week but I will be flat stubborn enough to just trash it instead if the note nazi can't STFD and STFU now.   I am not going to "be nice" when I have to look at a dammed harangue every time I use the kitchen.  

I sprayed some weeds on Tuesday but have felt too steamy to do any more spraying since.   It is supposed to be 10 deg. cooler this weekend for highs so hopefully I get some spraying and riding done.  Today I bought myself some carpet tiles to put in my trailer.   The GPS would have had me going in circles forever with one street that was not there, but when I peeled out of the loop the second time around and it re-calculated it did then manage to get me to the location. 

 Tried to tell me the wrong side of the street but I eventually muddled through that and found the hole in the wall 'store'.    They do carpet tear-outs and cut up the carpet pieces into tiles.   This will work much better than rugs that bunch up.  They are nice stiff rubber backed things.   They didn't take much care to only take the better patches of carpet when cutting their 'tiles'  but for only .50 a square foot and considering the hard use that floor gets its great.  Hopefully I like the color I picked out OK when I get it in my trailer but I'm not very fussy so it should work out fine.  

No comments: