Monday, July 21, 2014

Rode about 8.5 and then 9 miles Sat and Sunday

I should have hauled out but I wanted to get goatshead burrs sprayed and with the heat and my whiny shoulder I just didn't have enough gumption to spray more than 1x on Saturday.  Sunday if a wee storm system had not cooled things off around 6 pm I wouldn't have gotten much of ride as I'd opted to spray in the morning vs ride after moving slow.   But it did cool off and had a pretty good ride with quite a bit of trot and canter in recently harvested stubble fields which opened up going in a new direction which was a pleasant change up.

I should grab at least a short ride today but need to start moving a lot faster if I want it to happen.   It must be summer, horse is healthy .....   so I am irritated that dad wants me to sign for a line of credit on the place, then Tues I set up a chiro appt which I need,  shoulder and I'm sure I have a stuck spot in my back.  And then my boss set up a 9-12 meeting on Wed that I need to go to.   Grrrr,  he KNOWS that I really prefer not to come in until after noon,  of course with a few days notice I normally don't mind a morning meeting once in while,  its just that this one messes with riding to get Sadie legged up for that upcoming ride, especially coming after 2 other mornings with other stuff that will keep me from taking more than super short rides if I get that done.    In winter if I only go 3 days between rides that feels like I'm doing good but I want to have somewhat of a ride season this year. 

No comments: